Read more about Project Managers:
- Main Purpose
- Typical work activities
Main Purpose of Project Managers
To take on overall responsibility for the planning, management,
coordination and financial control of a construction project.
They will work closely with a range of other professionals during
the contract process.
They are responsible for ensuring that the clients' wishes are
adhered to and that the project is completed on time within the
Typical work activities include
- Representing the interest of the client,
- Attending site meetings (pre and on-site) during the contract,
- Liaising with other professionals involved in the project,
- Providing independent professional advice and guidance,
- Making sure that quality standards and health & safety checks are adhered to,
- Keeping track of progress
- Making sure that the project is meeting time and budgeting targets,
- Keeping records of expenditure, accounting, costing and billing.